If you are not already on Grand Challenges Canada’s mailing list and would like to be notified of new programs and kept up-to-date with all the latest developments, including news, publications and job opportunities, please subscribe to our mailing list.
The innovators funded by Creating Hope in Conflict: A Humanitarian Grand Challenge are enterprises, non-profits, and institutions working in complex humanitarian emergencies around the world. A core part of our program is advancing the progress of innovations towards impact, scale, and sustainability in the fragile regions they work in.
Do you have experience delivering capacity building and technical support to teams working in humanitarian emergencies in fragile, conflict-affected contexts?
We’re looking for an implementation partner to develop and deliver a tailored, needs-based, and regionally-specific Innovator Support Platform for a diverse range of innovators.
To learn about future funding and support opportunities, please sign up for our mailing list at https://bit.ly/HGClist
Deadline: October 27th 2023 at 11:59p.m. EDT
Climate and health something idk
Add a deadline here…
This RFP seeks innovative approaches to the use of LLMs (such as ChatGPT-4, or other credible sources with equivalent capability) to advance global public health. Given the numerous open and non-open-source AI tools, we encourage/expect the applicant to select the tool most appropriate to their use case and context.
We are looking for projects that seek to solve problems in the following areas:
- Clinical Decision Support
- Tools for that can be used by frontline health workers or clinicians for improving the diagnosis and management of health conditions and/or healthcare delivery.
- Support for health guideline refinement and adherence
- Diagnostics interpretation, reducing cost, and overcoming at-a-distance barriers
- Health Communications & Patient Journeys
- Develop impactful and targeted communications tools that bridge language and literacy gaps when communicating health-related knowledge, messaging, and advice (i.e., translating from local dialects, text-to-voice, etc).
- Provide timely, trusted, and tailored advice to end users who are marginalized and in so doing overcome significant cultural, access and stigma concerns.
- Support patients in understanding and managing their own health status and care regiment
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Use of LLMs to improve interoperability of health data, systems, and programs
Deadline: Nov 07, 2023, 11:30 am PST
Humanitarian Grand Challenge is looking to fund groundbreaking, sustainable, and local solutions to pressing issues affecting communities touched by conflict. Our Transition to Scale program supports innovators who have achieved proof of concept with evidence that showcases the effectiveness and feasibility of their project.
We are looking for innovation ideas for our Transition to Scale (TTS) program. We offer funding between $300,000 CAD up to $1,500,000 CAD, and a robust support program that runs for 12–24 months. We focus on supporting people who have been affected by conflict with particular focus on the hardest to reach.
Preference will be given to innovations that are locally owned or locally led with majority of the management and governance comprising of people from the affected communities.
Areas of focus:
- Access to energy
- Health Supplies and Services
- Life-saving information
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
If you’d like to stay up-to-date on our work, click here to sign up for our mailing list.
In this Request for Proposals, Grand Challenges Canada seeks to support the transition to scale and sustainability of Bold Ideas with Big Impact®. We invite applications from innovators in the following areas: Maternal and Newborn Health, Digital Health, Medical Products and Technology, Community Health Worker Models, Urban Sanitation & Hygiene, and Options for safe pregnancy termination,
Grand Challenges Canada makes investments ranging in size from $250,000 – $3 M CAD (in multiple investments) to catalyze the scale and sustainability of the most promising global health innovations.
Applications to Transition to Scale are managed on an invitation basis. Grand Challenges Canada will aim to provide a funding decision within six months of submission of a Transition-to-Scale application. Interested in applying? Please see the portfolio information below for guidance on our current investment areas of focus, eligibility criteria, and how to get in touch.