The Indigenous Innovation Initiative (I3) is an Indigenous innovation platform. The I3 is delivered in partnership with the McConnell Foundation and Johnson & Johnson. Our goal is to enable Indigenous innovators and communities to identify and solve their own challenges, transform lives and drive inclusive growth and health outcomes.
Indigenous Ways of Knowing
Created and led by Indigenous leaders, the Indigenous Innovation Initiative is built on a foundation of Indigenous ways of knowing and being, and is deeply rooted in Indigenous values.
Our team is visionary, solutions focused, and has a solid foundation of Indigenous values. Our commitment is exemplified by working closely with our Indigenous Innovation Council whom will provide guidance, leadership, and insight on all aspects of our work.
Indigenous Innovation Council members:
- Jeff Cyr, Raven Indigenous Capital Partner (Chair)
- Stephen Kakfwi, former Premier of the Northwest Territories
- Wendy Phillips, Elder, University of Toronto, Scarborough
- Nadine St. Louis, Sacred Fire Productions
- Melanie Goodchild, Waterloo Institute for Social Innovation and Resilience