Thank you for your interest in joining Grand Challenges Canada.
Grand Challenges Canada is currently searching for outstanding candidates to join its Investment Committee.
The Investment Committee is a standing committee of Grand Challenges Canada’s Board of Directors. The Investment Committee’s mandate is to approve or recommend grants, loans and investments to innovations at the transition-to-scale phase.
Applications from women, people of colour, Indigenous peoples, and people from the LGBTQ2S+ and disabilities communities are encouraged.
The following specific attributes are currently being sought:
- Experience in humanitarian crisis areas
- Experience working as a senior leader in or with government, NGOs, innovators and/or funders in countries where the innovations we support are being tested and transitioned to scale, particularly in the contexts that are currently suffering from the humanitarian emergencies.
- Business experience in the global south such as one of the following would be additional assets:
- Financial, venture capital and investment structuring experience
- Experience as an entrepreneur
- Experience with public or private sector pathways to scaling and/or sustaining innovations
Closing date: December 7th
The Accounting Co-op student will perform a range of professional and detailed activities, which require accounting knowledge and fundamental application of accounting theories, principles, and practices. Key responsibilities include:
• Assist with spot-check audits on innovator projects to ensure compliance with funder requirements
• Prepare compliance reports and presentations ensuring they are clear, concise, and well organized
• Ensure proper execution of compliance/audit procedures and adequate documentation for findings with the guidance of other senior staff
• Assist with the annual corporate audits, preparing working papers
• Assist with compilation of financial reports submitted by innovators
• Present recommendations for procedural and work-flow efficiencies
Closing date: December 10th