Bold Ideas with Big Impact®
Funded by the Government of Canada and other partners, Grand Challenges Canada funds innovators in low- and middle-income countries and Canada.
One of the largest impact-first investors in Canada, and with a feminist investment approach, Grand Challenges Canada has supported a pipeline of over 1,000 innovations in more than 90 countries.Browse All Innovations
Funding opportunities to support your bold idea
Grand Challenges Canada seeks bold ideas from the best and brightest innovators to save and improve lives in low- and middle-income countries.Discover open funding opportunities
Join Grand Challenges Canada's mailing list
Join Grand Challenges Canada's mailing list and be the first to learn about new funding opportunities, grant announcements, job postings and new resources.Subscribe to our mailing list
Our investments are producing results.
We anticipate even more impressive outcomes as innovations scale.
- 13,000 lives saved Grand Challenges Canada estimates that between 465,000 and 1.6 million lives will be saved by 2030 through the use of innovative products and services that save lives.
- 1.6 million lives improved to date Grand Challenges Canada estimates that between 18 and 51 million lives will be improved by 2030 through the use of innovative products and services that improve health.
- 113 policies influenced through engaging government officials, decision-makers, and other local stakeholders, which will play an important role in catalyzing the scale and sustainability of our innovations.
- >1,100 innovations supported from low- and middle-income countries and Canada.
- 199% leverage rate for every $1 that Grand Challenges Canada has invested, $1.99 has been leveraged from investors and partners.
- >85 countries where innovative projects or services are being implemented.