Making a Big Impact in Global Health
Funded by the Government of Canada, Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact® in global health.
Since our launch in 2010, Grand Challenges Canada has supported a pipeline of over 700 projects in more than 80 countries.Browse All Innovations
New funding opportunities to support your bold ideas
Grand Challenges Canada’s Transition To Scale program is seeking to support the scaling of Bold Ideas with Big Impact® in global reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health.Discover open funding opportunities
Our Innovator Toolbox will help you develop your proposal
Grand Challenges Canada's Innovator Toolbox aims to assist applicants with preparing their response to Requests for Proposals, applicable beyond the specific funding programs of Grand Challenges Canada.Learn about our Innovator Toolbox
Our investments are producing results.
We anticipate even more impressive outcomes as innovations scale.
- 9,700 lives saved through the use of innovative products and services that save lives. Grand Challenges Canada estimates that between 500,000 and 1.5 million lives will be saved by 2030.
- 640,000 lives improved through the use of innovative products and services that improve health. Grand Challenges Canada estimates that between 14 and 30 million lives will be improved by 2030.
- 33 policies influenced through engaging government officials, decision-makers, and other local stakeholders, which will play an important role in catalyzing the scale and sustainability of our innovations.
- > 700 innovations supported from low- and middle-income countries and Canada.
- 175% leverage rate for every $1 that Grand Challenges Canada has invested, $1.75 has been leveraged from investors and partners.
- > 80 countries where innovative projects or services are being implemented.